(a) A request for certification under this subpart shall be filed with the Assistant Secretary by the State or local official having principal responsibility for administration of the State or local fair housing law. The request shall be supported by the following materials and information:
(1) The text of the jurisdiction's fair housing law, the law creating and empowering the agency, any regulations and directives issued under the law, and any formal opinions of the State Attorney General or the chief legal officer of the jurisdiction that pertain to the jurisdiction's fair housing law.
(2) Organizational information of the agency responsible for administering and enforcing the law.
(3) Funding and personnel made available to the agency for administration and enforcement of the fair housing law during the current operating year, and not less than the preceding three operating years (or such lesser number during which the law was in effect).
(4) If available, data demonstrating that the agency's current practices and past performance comply with the performance standards described in Sec. 115.203.
(5) Any additional information which the submitting official may wish to be considered.
(b) The request and supporting materials shall be filed with the Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th Street, SW., Washington, DC 20410. A copy of the request and supporting materials will be kept available for public examination and copying at:
(1) The office of the Assistant Secretary;
(2) The HUD Field Office in whose jurisdiction the State or local jurisdiction seeking recognition is located; and
(3) The office of the State or local agency charged with administration and enforcement of the State or local law.